IPM is a 5-year Integrated Program in management, first started at IIM Indore in 2011.Currently, 5 IIMs; IIM Indore, IIM Rohtak, IIM Ranchi, IIM Bodh Gaya, and IIM Jammu offer the IPM program. While IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak conduct admission based on their own IPMAT exams. IIM Ranchi accepts IPMAT Indore and SAT scores for admission to the program. Whereas, IIM Bodhgaya and IIM Jammu conduct their admission based on JIPMAT exam.
This article goes through this year’s eligibility criteria for IPMAT and JIPMAT exams and the selection process for IPM at different IIMs
Eligibility Criteria for IPMAT Indore
· Age: The candidate should have been born on or after August 01, 2002. 5-year relaxation is given for candidate from SC/ST/PwD category.
· Qualifying examination: Candidate should have passed Standard XII/HSC or equivalent examination in 2020,2021 or appearing in 2022. Candidate should have passed standard X/SSC in 2020 or should have passed in 2019 with a minimum of 60% in standard X/SSC (55% for candidates from SC/ST/PwD category).
Eligibility criteria for IPMAT Rohtak
· Age; Maximum 20 years of age as of June 30, 2022.
· Candidate should have a minimum of 60% in standard X/SSC and standard XII/ HSC or equivalent examinations (55% for candidates from SC/ST/PwD category)
Eligibility criteria for JIPMAT
· Candidate should have passed Standard XII/HSC or equivalent examination in 2020,2021 or appearing in 2022. The candidate must have passed Standard X/ SSC or equivalent examination in the year 2018 or later
· Qualifying Examination-Candidate should have a Minimum 60% in standard X/ SSC and standard XII/ HSC or equivalent examinations (55 % for the candidates from SC/ST/ PwD category).
The candidates are selected based on their overall performance in IPMAT and personal interview. Among the applicants the eligible candidates are called for IPMAT, and then the candidates who have cleared the sectional cut-offs and overall cut-offs in IPMAT are shortlisted for the Personal Interview. The provisional admission offers are made based on the category-wise merit list based on the composite score. In calculating the composite score 65% weightage is given to IPMAT score and 35% to the personal interview.
Eligible candidates who clear cut-offs in IPMAT are shortlisted for the personal interview. After the interview, the final merit list is generated based on the composite score. The composite score is calculated giving 45% weightage for the IPMAT score, 15% for personal interview and 40% for past academics (20% for 10th and 12th each).
The admission is based on IPMAT Indore/SAT score, personal interview and overall academic performance at the secondary and higher secondary levels. Candidates who choose to appear for both SAT and IPMAT will be assessed based on their best performance.
IIM Bodh Gaya
Seats/Intake: 60 (10 are supernumerary seats for girls)
The merit list for admission is prepared based on the JIPMAT scores. Only the candidates who scored more than or equal to category-wise sectional percentile 30, will be eligible for the Merit List.
Seats/Intake: 60 (the institute might change the number later on)
The selection process consists of JIPMAT, standard X and XII marks, and the preparation of a merit list based on the JIPMAT score, past academics and gender diversity. The merit list is prepared based on the composite score computed giving 60% weightage to JIPMAT score, 15% for class 10th marks, 15% for class 12th marks and 10% for gender diversity.
*All the institutes mentioned above have seat reservations based on the Government of India Reservation policy.